Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting- Takutai Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Takutai Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Nelson region
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $14.95

Winery Review: 88 points, Wine Spectator. A juicy and vibrant white, this delivers spiced pear and apple flavors that have a mouthwatering lemony note. Shades of fresh-cut grass and herb chime in on the finish. Drink now. 1500 cases made. -MW

My Review: This wine was my favorite of all the ones I tasted at the Vintage Cellar! It tasted somewhat dry in my mouth and was semisweet. Doing the sniff and swirl, I definitely detected a combination of flavors, mostly fruity. I thought it had a zesty flavor to it, which made it pleasant to drink. I did not try it with food, but I definitely would in the future, as I think it would pair well with many dinners.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment