Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting- Takutai Pinot Noir

Name: Takutai Pinot Noir
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Nelson region
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $14.95

Winery Review: Spicy cherry, raspberry, and wild rose aromas with toasty, licorice oak in support. On the palate the wine exhibits soft fruit tannins, delicate structure, and a good balance. A highly likeable, flavor packed wine for consumers new to the delights of the Pinot grape.

My Review: Not my favorite wine I tried at the Vintage Cellar, but that is because I've been exposed to very few reds. I detected dark plum aromas with some earthy flavors. I definitely detected a woody, smoky flavor as well. The wine had a good tannin structure and a nice finish. I would drink this wine again.

I tasted this wine with a couple small pieces of cheese, which I definitely thought brought out the woody, oaky flavors of the wine on the second sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment