Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting- Cascina Gilli Bonarda

Name: Cascina Gilli Bonarda
Variety: 100% Piemonte Bonarda
Region: Piedmont region
Country: Italy
Year: 2007
Price: $11.95
 
Winery Review: Nose of red berry fruit enriched by nuances of spice, subtle but recognizable. The slight effervescence of Moye increases the appeal of its palate, bringing out its freshness without compromising its complexity. Served chilled, it is wonderful with marinates and stews, or with Piedmont's traditional fritto misto.
 
My Review: I enjoyed this wine more than I thought I would for such a dry wine. Upon tasting it, it instantly dried up my mouth but the fruit flavors were very pleasant. I tasted notes of blackberries and dark cherries along with some woody, oaky flavors. It had a very tannic structure and a full finish, making it an appealing wine that was more drinkable than most super dry reds.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment