Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tasting- Gato Negro Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Gato Negro Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2011
Price: $10.00
Winery Review: A generous and inviting bouquet dominated by aromas of blackberry and black currants with underlying notes of tobacco, mint and licorice adding a layer of complexity and depth. Lush fruit flavors and soft, rounded tannins fill the palate.

My Review: I found this to be a very intense red wine. I absolutely detected notes of peppermint and spice while savoring this wine. Plums and red raspberries are also abundant in this wine. Very rich and full flavors excite the palate. I would like to try this wine again, possibly with some Italian dishes to see what other flavors come out.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment