Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tasting- Starborough Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Starborough Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Marlborough
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2011
Price: $12.99

 
Winery Review: Our 2011 Starborough Sauvignon Blanc has layers of citrus and tropical fruit with hints of fresh green characters, which make the wine a true expression of the Marlborough region. Flavors of passion fruit, guava and kiwi layered over a citrus framework culminate in a crisp, approachable palate.

My Review: This wine was a great buy, especially considering its price! It is highly acidic and has light notes of fresh pineapple and mangoes. The fruit is very crisp and surprising to the palate, but not enough to punch you in the mouth. I found this Sauvignon Blanc to be very refreshing and I think it would be a great summertime wine- I would definitely drink it again!

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment