Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting- Allegrini Renacer Enamore

Name: Allegrini Renacer Enamore
Variety:  Blend of Malbec (60%), Cabernet Franc (20-25%), Cabernet Sauvignon (10%), with minor proportions of Syrah and Bonarda
Region: Mendoza region
Country: Argentina
Year: 2009
Price: $29.95

Winery Review: 89 Points, Wine Spectator. Think Amarone. This is a ripe, concentrated red, with nuances of cocoa, sweet spice and licorice accenting a core of jammy blackberry, raspberry and plum skin notes, which linger through the long, savory finish. Drink now. 1,800 cases imported. -NW

My Review: This wine was one of the driest I have ever tasted. I detected strong notes of blackberry throughout the wine. The wine had a very bold and full flavor. Good tannins and a balanced finish. Although I am just beginning to try some more red wines and get used to the dryness, overall I would drink this wine again because of its dark fruity flavor!

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment