Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tasting- Takutai Riesling

Name: Takutai Riesling
Variety: 100% Riesling
Region: Nelson region
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: $14.95

Winery Review: Sweet floral aromas of jasmine and honeysuckle combine with grapefruit and lemon characters underpinned by a mineral thread. With a splash of residual sweetness, this wine tickles your palate and makes you ask for more. The sweet entry is balanced by a bright acidity and retained spritziness, which give the wine crispness and "liveliness". It has great length and is at once mouth-filling and refreshing.

My Review: I found this half-dry Riesling to be very palatable because of its fresh fruity flavors. It tasted slightly citrus-like and very bold. It was just sweet enough without being too sweet, I think I found it to be a little less sweet than described above. I did detect a certain crispness to the wine, probably even more so because it was served extremely cold.

I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment