Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tasting- Cupcake Moscato

Name: Cupcake Moscato d'Asti
Variety: 100% Moscato
Region: Asti
Country: Italy 
Year: 2011
Price: $13.99
 
Winery Review: Our Moscato is vibrant and expressive with floral notes that dominate with hints of peach and flavors of tropical fruits and lychee. It is a soft and luscious wine with just a hint of effervescence to tickle the palate and balance the sweetness. With bright fruit flavors and finesse, it’s reminiscent of a pineapple right-side up cupcake.

My Review: I found this wine to be incredibly sweet, almost too sweet. But the fresh fruity flavors of pineapple and apples were quite appealing and the wine was very drinkable. I also detected a surprisingly wide range of floral notes in the nose. This wine would be especially great to drink on a summer afternoon, but I would definitely drink it again because it was so sweet and easy to drink.

I tasted this wine with cheese and crackers before dinner, and the soft cheddar cheese definitely played a role in exposing all the fragrant floral and fruit notes of the wine. The pineapple notes became especially apparent after I ate a bit of cheese. This pairing was a good combo for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment