Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting- Potluck Sweet Malbec

Name: Potluck Sweet Malbec
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95
 
Winery Review: Deep red brilliant with violet hints. Complex, fruity, and predominant red fruits. Easy to drink, round with persistent sweetness, very well balanced with sweet tannins.

My Review: At first glance, I could see chunks of something (skins?) floating in my glass. It had strong, distinct notes of dark fruits and an earthy sort of flavor. It smelled almost of richly dug soil. The wine tasted extremely bitter and was dry...a little too dry for my taste! I could see the wine pairing well with dark chocolate. However, I would likely not drink this wine again.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment