Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting- Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz

Name: Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz
Variety: 100% Shiraz
Region: South Eastern part of Australia
Country: Australia
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $9.95
 
Winery Review: A relatively light, fresh style of sparkling Shiraz, with berries and hints of chocolate picking up just a touch of sweet vanilla on the finish.

My Review: I thoroughly enjoyed this sparkling wine. It had a thick, syrupy appearance and smelled exactly like Welch's grape juice on the nose. The wine definitely reminded me of dark concord grapes. The taste was slightly tart, like grape juice, but it was enjoyable. It would be great with a chocolate dessert, like brownies. I would definitely like to drink this wine again!

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment