Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting- Montebuena

Name: Montebuena
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95
 
Winery Review: Ripe cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it's an excellent value for Rioja.

My Review: This wine also had dark fruit on the nose. It reminded me of cherry cordial and had intense notes of dark, ripe cherries. The mouth pucker on this wine was extremely high, and I found that it had a rather hot finish. Overall, not a good combination for me...I would probably not choose to drink this wine again!

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment