Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting- Domaine de Grange de Payan

Name: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Grenache blend
Region: Cotes du Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
 
Winery Review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a hint of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the majority of the wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering cherry and black raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality.

My Review: I found this wine to be full-bodied and extremely dry. I detected peppery, spicy notes that made the wine very rich. I did not detect any sort of fruit flavors on the nose, mid-palate, or finish of the wine. The finish was slightly hot. I would probably not drink this wine again, as it was too dry for me and I did not enjoy the spicy flavors.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment