Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tasting- Maipe Malbec Rose

Name: Maipe Malbec Rose
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
 
Winery Review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet, strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian dishes.

My Review: I enjoyed this wine more than I enjoy most Roses. It was my favorite of the wines I tasted at the Vintage Cellar this week. It had light and fresh fruit flavors, cherry and mango most notably standing out to me. Very refreshing. The taste was full and fruity without being overpowering, and had a surprisingly candy-like aftertaste, very intriguing to the palate. I would definitely drink this wine again!

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment