Friday, April 26, 2013

Tasting- Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone

Name: Reserve Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Cinsault
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $14.95
 
Winery Review: As for their other values, the 2010 Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone Reserve displays loads of ripe flavors. It is very concentrated for a Cotes du Rhone, and is actually an amazing wine. Classic garrigue, black cherry liqueur, lavender, licorice, and spice box are all present in this full-bodied, intense, an rich Cotes du Rhone. This is a sensational effort to drink over the next 4-5 years, although it might last even longer.

My Review:  This wine had an appealing violet hue, and there were also chunks of grape skins floating around in my glass. I detected notes of plum and dark berries on the nose, and although the wine was very heavy and complex, I enjoyed it. I would drink this wine again.

I tasted this wine with on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment