Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting- Fortediga Cab/Syrah

Name: Fortediga Cab/Syrah
Variety: 40% Syrah, 30% Cabernet Franc, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Maremma, Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $9.95
 
Winery Review: 89 points, Wine Advocate. A wine that reveals considerable richness and depth while maintaining a pure, crystalline quality in its dark, varietal fruit. This is 40% Syrah, 30% Cabernet Franc, and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon that spent 6 months in used French oak barrels.

My Review: I enjoyed this wine and thought it was very well-rounded. It smelled like plum and blackberries, very dark fruits, on the nose. However, when I tasted it, I found that it was not heavy like I was expecting, although it had a very complex tannic structure. A long lasting finish rounded out this dark fruited and pleasant tasting wine.

I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment