Friday, April 26, 2013

Tasting- Chateau Suau Blanc

Name: Chateau Suau Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Muscadelle
Region: Cadillac (South-western France)
Country: France
Year: 2009
Price: $25.00  
Winery Review: This dry and dainty Bordeaux Blanc is a standout example of an often overlooked category of French white wines. A blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, and Muscadelle, this bottling is crisp, clean, and citrus-driven, featuring puckery lemon curd and white grapefruit flavors.
 
My Review: This wine had a very thick, syrupy viscosity to it. It also smelled very sweet to me, and not fruity. When tasting it, I detected very apparent notes of honey. It had a long finish. Overall, I did not love this wine and would probably not drink it again.

I tasted this wine with on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment